Easiest Way to Make Speedy Rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken

Rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken. This dinner is spicy and is packed with flavor! I use chicken Andouille sausage to make it a little healthier. Black beans, smoked sausage and rice is a winning combination every time!

Rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken It's so easy to put together and yet it packs a powerful flavor punch. I substituted andouille sausage for the smoked sausage and that definitely kicked it up a notch. Will be making this quite a bit.

Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I'm gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.

This dinner is spicy and is packed with flavor! I use chicken Andouille sausage to make it a little healthier. Black beans, smoked sausage and rice is a winning combination every time!

Rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It's simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken is something that I've loved my entire life. They're fine and they look wonderful.

To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.

The ingredients needed to make Rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken:

  1. {Take 3 cans of glory red beans and rice.
  2. {Get 1 bag of Tyson cubed chicken or left over chicken.
  3. {Prepare of Shrimp, crab *optional.
  4. {Get 1/2 package of Eckrich smoked sausage.
  5. {Take of Corn *optional.
  6. {Get of Black beans *optional.
  7. {Take of Sauteed onions, celery, peppers *optional.
  8. {Prepare of Tony's creole seasoning.
  9. {Take of Chicken stock.

I used chicken stock instead of the water and beef bouillon but otherwise followed exactly and it was delicious! Make the rice, in a medium saucepan combine the rice and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until all the stock is absorbed Meanwhile heat oil in a heavy-bottomed saute pan over medium-high heat. Once browned, add the garlic, onion, celery, and green.

Steps to make Rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken:

  1. I buy this for a easy week night meal. This is a picture of the cans I buy..
  2. First, cut sausage into thin round slices. In a sauce pan fry each side of the sausage slices till a little brown. I use the same pan. It saves time on clean up..
  3. Add the 3 cans of bean and rice to the same pan. Stir mixture together..
  4. Add frozen, cubed chicken to rice mixture. Heat through and stir. I add a little chicken broth if it needs it. I eyeball it. Till the mixture looks moist..
  5. I add Tony's creole seasoning till I like the taste. It's up to you on how much. The chicken is already preseasoned. The rice mixture is also preseasoned. If you use left over chicken. Season it however you want. I'd stick to southern seasonings or combine everything and taste..
  6. Sometimes I add corn and sauteed onions and peppers. It really depends on how much time I have..
  7. I dont add shrimp or crab to my mixture because my family doesnt like seafood..
  8. I make cornbread as a side. This is one of my favorite quick meals. This is a quick meal people think you worked so hard to make. When it's done in less than 30 minutes depending upon what you add. Let me know what you think. Enjoy..

Red Beans and Rice With Sausage. I like to think of this as rice pilaf on steroids - a simple rice pilaf chalk full of yummy chicken, sausage, artichokes, and olives. I served it with a simple salad in dijon vinaigrette on the side, which made a filling and quick weeknight meal. My rice cooker is probably the most used small appliance in my kitchen. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it.

So that's going to wrap this up for this special food rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!

Subscribe to receive free email updates: